**Referee’s Course Page**
The OSA now has a series of Referee’s courses which are delivered by experienced and qualified martial arts & Oqual assessors.
The syllabus covers topics such as the roles of the referee, timekeeper & scorer, what is a martial art, tournament rules (including rules of the day), first aid, practice to theory, reflective practice.
Pre-Coursework: Candidates are expected to submit their completed work on Day 1 including:
1. Martial art syllabus of choice
2. Rules of the chosen martial art
3. Social awareness survey
4. Officials Medical Screen - Self-Assessment
Day 1: We cover the complete Ofqual & HSE Level 2 First Aid at Work course (6 hours)
Module 1 Introduction
Module 2 What is First Aid?
Module 3 Legislation
Module 4 Responsibilities
Module 5 Action in an emergency
Module 6 Primary survey
Module 7 Secondary assessment
Module 8 The respiratory system
Module 9 Resuscitation
Module 10 Disorders of respiration
Module 11 Disorders of the circulation
Module 12 Wounds and bleeding
Module 13 Epilepsy
Module 14 Minor burns and scalds
Module 15 Foreign objects
Day 2: We cover the martial arts tournament syllabus (6 hours)
1. Discuss styles and disciplines of individual candidates
2. Preparation for demonstrations:
3. Basic Walking Techniques
4. Combination of Walking Techniques
5. Set Movement
8. Officials Medical Screen – Declaration
For candidates with the appropriate first aid certificate will not be expected to attend DAY 1, reducing their course fee
What do I gain with this qualification?
All of our courses ensure that you meet recommendations underlined by the OSA, HSE and Ofqual and also provide you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to use what you have learned in an event of your choice
1. Depending on your grade and experience successful candidates will achieve an OSA Certificate of Achievement covering Timekeeper, Scorer & Referee Certificate valid for 3 years
2. You will also be issued with a Level 2 (Level 5 Scotland) in First Aid at Work Certificate, valid for 3 years
3. After successful completion of the your Officials Medical screening, you will be issued with your Officials Medical Certificate, valid for 3 years
4. Inclusion onto the OSA Officials database allowing availability for officiating events
How is the course delivered?
Our training is available both in-house and as open courses. Our open courses are great for individual delegates, but if you have a group of people that need training, our in-house courses will be a much more cost-effective option for you… and you won’t even need to travel!
How do I know which course is best suited for
If you’re having trouble choosing a course, please call us on 07754 764321 and we will be happy to help!
When can I do the training?
You can complete your training at a time and place to suit you! We can deliver training both in-house, so where and when are really up to you!
Please contact us here to receive more information
To apply for any course, applicants MUST complete an online
Accreditation of Prior Learning, (APL) Application Form
Copyright © 2016 orientalsportsassociation.com. All rights reserved
Site Designed by OSA